ERG Models
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERG Models

The EckoRedGirl Models of IMVU and their fans. This will be the new home of ERG Models rather then the IMVU Group page.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hair in Photoshop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adiktiv
Silver Member
Silver Member
Adiktiv

Hair in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Hair in Photoshop   Hair in Photoshop I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:45 am

There are soo many tutorials on hair edits with gimp but I can barely find any on P.S. And I was wondering, how are u able to edit with the hair from P.S?
I have the brushes but I'm not sure what to do with it.
Back to top Go down
KariElizabeth
KariElizabeth

Hair in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair in Photoshop   Hair in Photoshop I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:08 pm

What I do, since I'm still learning, I get people to give me screen shots with hair, and then I follow the curves, and the stuff with that, and then once I get use to the way hair flows, I try and shape the hair on my own, on a baldy, it sometimes works, but other times it doesn't. =.= But, I'm tons better with pictures that have hair on them, so try that first! Smile
Back to top Go down
Adiktiv
Silver Member
Silver Member
Adiktiv

Hair in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair in Photoshop   Hair in Photoshop I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:56 am

KariElizabeth wrote:
What I do, since I'm still learning, I get people to give me screen shots with hair, and then I follow the curves, and the stuff with that, and then once I get use to the way hair flows, I try and shape the hair on my own, on a baldy, it sometimes works, but other times it doesn't. =.= But, I'm tons better with pictures that have hair on them, so try that first! Smile

Thanx sweetie. Imma try that
Back to top Go down
KariElizabeth
KariElizabeth

Hair in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair in Photoshop   Hair in Photoshop I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:40 am

You're welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cream
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Cream

Hair in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair in Photoshop   Hair in Photoshop I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:22 pm

I'm not the goddess of drawing hair, however maybe I can give you some useful cues.
As KariElizabeth said, maybe you could begin with screenies which have already hair. So you can understand the texture of the hair. When you did that, you could try baldies.
It's helpful to use a reference picture, so you can see how the hair flows, where the dark colours have to be and where the light colours have to be, which parts you have to highlight etc.
Start with a base, which you drawed with just a normal brush (size doesn't matter, just the one which is very easy to work with for you). So when you did that, you already know how you want the hair to be. Now all you have to do is making the texture, with different colours.

I just remembered, maybe you have hair brushes which someone made. With a shape etc. like this.
Then you can use different colours too, on different layers. Play with the opacity of the layers.

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hair in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair in Photoshop   Hair in Photoshop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hair in Photoshop
Page 1 of 1